CHEF ANTHONY IN REGGIE’S KITCHEN – TZATZIKI AND SOUVLAKI
Watch Chef Anthony in this episode of Reggie's Kitchen as he teach us how to cook Greek specialties, Tzatziki and Souvlaki.
500 gr. Greek Yogurt
1 Cucumbers Unpeeled and Washed
4 Cloves Garlic
2 Drops Vinegar
100g Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Might be less)
1 Small Carrot
1 Bundle of Dill
Salt, Freshly-Ground Pepper
1. Peel the garlic, remove the sprouts inside (if any) and mash it in a mortar with a
2. Without peeling the cucumbers, cut it in 4 and remove the seeds from its inside.
Grate in a course grater, add a little amount of salt and let it strain very well. (If
the cucumber stays pretty wet the Tzatziki will come out watery)
3. Wash the Carrot and strain that too very well.
4. In a mixer on low speed, combine yogurt, cucumber and the carrot. Add garlic,
vinegar, oil, salt and pepper and towards the end, dill. Blend very well.
5. If needed add more salt. (Caution: Be sure not to make it too salty)
1 Chicken cut into cubes for Souvlaki (no bones and skin)
1 – 2 crushed Garlic Cloves
3 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
1 red tight diced Tomato
1 Green Pepper, cut into squares
1 medium Onion, cut into squares (cut it into four vertically and then in the middle horizontally)
1. Marinate the pieces of chicken with salt, pepper, garlic, yogurt and olive oil for 4-
5 hours or for a better result, have it marinated the night before.
2. Cut the bell pepper, tomato and onion and salt them a bit.
3. Pass the souvlakia on skewers or sticks as follows: Chicken - pepper - chicken -
tomato - chicken - onion.
4. Cook on the grill or barbecue.
5. Then serve with toasted bread or rice, tzatziki or better Greek pitas for souvlaki
and of course, if desired, with fried potatoes.